Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pucelette

The old French "pucelette", referred to a very young girl (a diminutive of "pucelle"), but also to a little flea. I think it would provide a good translation of "ukulele" into French, since the word apparently means "jumping flea" in the Hawaiian language. At any rate, "pucelettes" is how I refer in French to the instruments I create (see my luthiery blog).
This little 13th century tune seems to be an appropriate way of starting this blog. The tabs for this particular tune are for high G or re-entrant ukulele.

Here is the TablEdit file that you can open by using the free TEFviewer:

PUCELETTE

and the MIDI file: PuceMidi

1 comment:

  1. I find this piece a very haunting piece. I really enjoy playing this to my dog Sparky, who seems to get a bit annoyed by it. But hard cheese I say. Great piece. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete